Friday, March 21, 2014


'Before You Hit Send' Editing Workshop


Before You Hit Send is a three-week self-editing workshop for authors to learn the basics ins and outs of looking critically at their manuscript in order to polish it up before either self-publishing it or submitting it to an agent and/or an editor at a publishing house.

Angela James is the editorial director of Carina Press, an imprint of Harlequin. She has years of copy, line, and developmental editing experience under her belt. And most importantly, she shares her expertise unstintingly in the Q & A in the comment sections of the various lessons.

I took this workshop two years ago, and I loved it. I learned so much from it that I kept all my notes. Since then, I have noticed the workshop has only improved.

Angela says here's what you’ll learn: Concrete ideas, tips, tricks and lessons for polishing and self-editing your manuscript. Tips are delivered in 1-3 daily individual lessons along with examples and assignments to help you get the most out of your workshop experience.

Who should attend? Angela says...
•Aspiring authors
•Authors interested in polishing their craft
•Self-publishing authors
•Multi-published authors–you may be surprised by what there still is to learn!
•Freelance editors and copy editors looking to enhance their curriculum vitae
•Anyone interested in learning to edit and copy edit

Much more information is available here.

If you're a writer or editor or interested in writing or editing, I highly urge you to take this class. The cost is $75 and the class starts on Monday, March 24, 2014. I apologize for the short notice; I just found out about it. If you can't make it to this class, the next class will be offered in August 2014.

0 comments: